Sunday, November 25, 2012

Thanksgiving Turkey Herbs

I know, I know.  Thanksgiving is over and we've all moved on to Christmas.  I know.  Me too.  But, allow me one last post about Thanksgiving, as it was almost complete (but not quite) before the great turkey roasts around America.  I'm sorry.  Maybe you'll thank me next year, or the next time you need some seasoning for your roasted chicken (because it works for that, too)!


To make this turkey rub, you will need one teaspoon of each of the following dried herbs: 
basil
rosemary
marjoram
thyme
oregano
savory
sage
lavender


Crush them together in a mortar and pestle, or a food processor if you have one.


Store in an airtight container for up to three months.  Enjoy on all poultry dishes!

Next time, we'll be moving on to Christmas.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment