Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Christmas Mantel








Our Christmas mantel in our family room this year is in keeping with my apparent themes of "using what I have" and "bringing in natural elements".  It all began with the boxwood wreaths I made earlier in my Christmas decorating.  It didn't seem right to add all sorts of "stuff" around something so natural.  So, this year, I'm keeping it as simple as I know how.  It feels refreshing and I like it.  It is nice to have some "life" in our dark basement family room!

This mantel consists of candlesticks and vases from around the house.  I added boxwood from our yard in the form of some sprigs and a simple garland.  The tree boughs were purchased at a Christmas tree lot near our home.  The pine cones were picked up from a walk at a park near my parents' house.  For now, these simple, natural decorations seem like enough.  If the rearranging bug hits (and you know it most likely will) I will share for sure!

How have you decorated your home this year?  Do share!

I'm linking up to:

3 comments: