Tuesday, December 4, 2012

A Christmas Mantel








Our Christmas mantel in our family room this year is in keeping with my apparent themes of "using what I have" and "bringing in natural elements".  It all began with the boxwood wreaths I made earlier in my Christmas decorating.  It didn't seem right to add all sorts of "stuff" around something so natural.  So, this year, I'm keeping it as simple as I know how.  It feels refreshing and I like it.  It is nice to have some "life" in our dark basement family room!

This mantel consists of candlesticks and vases from around the house.  I added boxwood from our yard in the form of some sprigs and a simple garland.  The tree boughs were purchased at a Christmas tree lot near our home.  The pine cones were picked up from a walk at a park near my parents' house.  For now, these simple, natural decorations seem like enough.  If the rearranging bug hits (and you know it most likely will) I will share for sure!

How have you decorated your home this year?  Do share!

I'm linking up to:

5 comments:

  1. Love this mantel. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So simple and elegant! I'm pinning this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks For Sharing This Post. Knowing about the effective strategy to select the Courses After 12th-PCM is the most important factor. Usually, students could not decide what they need to choose to have a better job after they complete their courses, this is why they need to acquire the relevant piece of information is that they can be able to shape up their career with efficiency and get hired at the desired package of by reputed brand.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 上記の記事を読んで面白かったです。さらに、いつでもどこでも送信される可能性のある特定の形式のコードについて詳しく知りたい場合。楽しいゲームを作り、理解するために、モールス信号の点と点を学びましょう。さまざまな障害を持つ人々は、モールス信号で通信できます。詳細については、このプロフィール モールス信号 にアクセスしてください。ありがとう。

    ReplyDelete