Wednesday, May 30, 2012

This Chair

I disliked this chair greatly when Jason and I first got married.  It belonged to his parents and I made him keep it in the basement.  It only came up to the living room when we had more guests than seats.  I realize this makes me sound really bossy, but the chair was a mess.  The old brown, decaying cushions were temporarily covered with floor pillow covers that were an avocado green in an effort to freshen it up a little.

Since we've slowly been fixing up our basement family room, we decided that fixing up this chair was kind of a priority.  I actually started working making new covers for the cushions months ago.  I had just bought my sewing machine and started on them right away but gave up for a few weeks out of frustration, because I really had no idea what I was doing.  I wasted a lot of thread and must have taken both covers apart at least three times before I finally got something that looks somewhat decent.  Sewing is not easy for me, folks!

Now, please do not expect perfection and don't look to closely.  After this project, I realize why furniture upholsterers get paid the big bucks.  They deserve it.

 

 

Maybe someday after I've improved my sewing skills a little more, I can make another attempt at some new covers.  For now though, thankfully this chair is done.

3 comments:

  1. Well, look at you... 1st attempt at sewing & you tackle upholstery...very brave my friend : ) & it looks fabulous!!
    I do upholstery a bunch & it is not easy...high five & way to go!!
    Nicely done....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love design, amazing blog :) If you want to follow each other...just tell me:X

    FashionSpot.ro

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you did a GREAT job!

    ReplyDelete